Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fear of Boutique Shopping Overcome




Have you ever had a fear of walking into a small boutique to do some shopping? A couple of things have always scared me, one that I wouldn't be able to afford anything, two that I was not dressed well enough to be in there, and three that I would be treated like I didn't belong there. On Friday night that fear was overcome. Tarah and I decided to have a whirlwind evening and see how many events we could cram into one evening. By, the way the count is 3. We started at La Rousse Happy Hour. La Rousse is a great boutique on Virginia St. The owner is extremely pleasant and helpful. She didn't tell you something looked good just for the sake of a sell. I appreciated that. The nice thing about happy hour is that it happens every friday from 4-6, she serves wine, has music playing and has a particular theme each week for what is on sale. I was able to get a navy blue dress by "Soda Blu" that fits my oversized body as well will fit me when I reach normal size again. Next we headed to the Alexis Hotel at 1st and Madison where Atsui Tokyo was holding there grand opening. I was nervous as the stores carries designs from Japan and the japanese fashion scene is much more progressive than Seattle. Well never fear, there are some of the cutest items that I ever did see. I look forward to post maternity and going back for some of the great items they carry. The grand opening party had a dj, champagne (Dry Soda for me) and apps provided by BOKA. If you find yourself down that way, drop in you may find something you just can't live with out. From there we headed to Fremont. They were have First Fashion Night. We checked out Essenza, Dream, Bliss, Les Amis, Burnt Sugar, Horseshoe, Bellefleur, LolaPop, and Industry. All of the stores were friendly and had great deals. By his time of the evening I was quite tired as I had been up since 5am due to a business breakfast.
My recommendation for that Friday night with nothing to do, check out our event calendar, gather up a couple of friends and make the rounds. You can get a taste of many things as well as accomplish some shopping.
Remember that Bellevue Fashion Week starts on Friday. Check out the calendar for some great events. Look for UFN, if you are there as we will be attending many of the events. Last year, Tarah and I had a lot of fun attending the shows and taking advantage of the sales.

No comments: