The second main event of the Bellevue Collection Fashion Week was Posh Party on Saturday September 15th. It was also at Fashion Axis in Bellevue. The doors opened at 6pm with quite a long line of women. This is considered the girls night out party. A portion of the proceeds from the evening were given to Susan G. Komen. The main room had food provided by Z Tejas as well as a signature cocktail that was essentially a blue margarita. Around 7pm we made our way to seats near the runway for a lowdown on fall trends as well as a fashion show.
The fall trends for 2007 are military, bold colors, gray, sweaters (dresses, coats, and novelty), metallic, and the riding look. The must haves include 3/4 sleeve coat, leather (be it a skirt, jacket or pants), fur (as an accent), pencil skirt (preferably high waisted), tweed trousers, wide leg jeans, billow sleeves, menswear look.
The fashion show contained many items that I wish I was able to fit into. My favorites were:
1. green embroidered military coat over a fitted cream sheath dress - David Lawrence
quilted and cropped black leather jacket with body hugging black dress by Dolce & Gabbana - David Lawrence
2. tan sweater coat - Macy's
3. grey belted jacket with bell sleeves, grey wool sweater dress and red and white pinstripe shirt - Guess?
4. black cardigan over hounds tooth blouse and metallic skinny pants - Macy's
black and white zip up coat over metallic silver turtleneck dress - Macy's
5. grey knit jumper over black turtleneck - Lucky Brand Dungarees
6. boucle sweater coat over wool trousers - Barcelino per Donna
7. fur trimmed leather jacket over brown slim riding pants - Barcelino per Donna
8. Diane Von Furstenberg wrap top with high waisted pencil skirt - Sway and Cake
9. 60's print scoop neck shift dress - Macy's
10. black and white psychedelic print dress with bell sleeves - Macy's
11. navy and gold metallic polka dot shift dress - Macy's.
On the seats at the show were swag bags for each attendee. The bags included Smartwater provided by Lululemon, foot rescue home spa from inSpa, frisbee from Lucy, card for free boxers from Road, jewelry cleaner from Ben Bridge, jewelry care cloth from Something Silver, metal compact mirror, 425 magazine, wrap from Rockport, coupon for Barcelino, coupon for Martin + Osa, chance to win earring from fabri, free appetizer coupon from Z' Tejas, coupon for New Balance, coupon for Territory Ahead, coupon for Rockport, coupon for Louie Permelia, coupon for a free abalone bracelet from Coldwater Creek, and coupon for a complimentary denim fitting at Lucky Brand. In addition, the attendees were invited to VIP shopping night at Bellevue Square following and given a $20 gift certificate for Bellevue Square.