The evening was hosted by Poison Waters, who was very entertaining to say the least. The runway show included each designer discussing their dress while the model wearing the dress strutted down the runway. The dresses were as follows:
1. Katherine Andrews - long red off the shoulder dress with a pleated back. The judges found this dress to be a safe choice for a design.
2. Liise Wyatt - dark red short ruffle party dress made out of metallic organza with a large bow on the back. This dress had french seaming and was definately something you would see on a young hollywood starlet according to Nick.
3. Margaret Chin - strapless long red dress with weaving with a cream underlayer.
4. Heather Cozad - Audrey Hepburn style 1950's glamour accented with a black skinny belt.
5. Giuseppe Grazioli - dark red strapless with a deep V front and a tiered bottom.
6. Christen Morris - vneck long dress with a back bustle, very 1800's
7. Karly Orr - 20's era jersey knit with an open back and a brown underside
8. Molly Owen - old hollywood glamour, vneck with a crisscross back
9. Abigail Pleiss - one shoulder with a woven bottom on one side and the shoulder, buckle on the back bottom of the dress. The judges found this dress to be a modern new look.
10. Christianna Sterling - short cocktail dress
11. Caitlin Stone - long dress with a braided waist and neck, low back.
12. Quy Vu - deep red dupioni silk with chiffon straps and train and python lining.
After all the dresses were shown, the audience voted their favorite as well as the judges chose the top 3. The peoples choice award went to Quy Vu.
First Place was Karly Orr2nd Place was Abigail Pleiss
3rd Place was Quy Vu
All in all it was a fun evening and raised money for the American Heart Association. I personally cannot wait for next years show. To see all the pictures click here