Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nordstrom Designer Preview 2008

Tonight was the Nordstrom Designer Preview organized with Seattle Art Museum Supporters. The event was held at Pier 30 this year. Doors opened at 6:30pm (Thanks to Kendall at Nordstrom for the Press Passes). We were greeted with cocktails and appetizers as well as some exciting boutique shopping. I only wish I could do more than window shop at the boutique. The boutique featured designers such as Prada Donna, YSL, Christian Dior, and many more. Around 7:30, the doors for the fashion show opened. It was very organized with assigned seating. We were shown to our media seats (even the back row was a great view). The lights dimmed at the show started once everyone was seated.

First up was Chanel. There was the classic Chanel suits as well as some other interesting pieces. Next up was Burberry Prorsum. There were three particular items that I loved. First was the sour green silk organza knotted dress. Second was the Putty double-breasted trenchcoat with pleated sleeves. The final item was the Prussian blue quilted silk chiffon cocoon coat. The third designer was Michael Kors. I loved him before he was famous on Project Runway. His clothes were very Michael Kors. Scene 4 was Dolce & Gabbana. Dolce & Gabbana is usually a little more fashion forward than I can pull off however I found a few things that I thought would work for even me. The main item was the Black/white herringbone riding jacket over charcoal wool pants. Next up was Marc Jacobs which really did nothing for me. Proenza Shouler was exciting as I usually find their designs to be. YSL was classic YSL. Versace was the real shocker for me. I am not always a big fan, but tonight I could not get enough. The colors were vibrant and the designs right on. Next came Donna Karan and Marni which were so-so. Oscar de la Renta had a lot of fur which is so odd in Seattle. I can totally see it in Chicago (and often i do). The show ended with Gucci. The dresses looked ready to wear right then. I probably would have bought 4 of them if I could justify the price and had somewhere to wear them to.

After the show we were treated to dessert and more cocktails as well as additional shopping. The evening raised $170,000 for the SAM impressionists exhibit. I would definitely recommend this event to anyone looking for some great fashion and a great night out. I look forward to the event in 2009.

Click here to see the pictures of the evening Nordstrom Designer Preview

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what excellent answer.